Total Pageviews


Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Outburst 9

Outburst 9 is now available to view online. It is edited by the somewhat eccentric Arthur Broomfield. I am very happy that he included my poem "All is One" in this issue.

You can view Outburst 9 here:

http://www.outburstmagazine.com/

"All is One" owes its origin to the two very cold winters we recently experienced. I also had in mind T.S. Eliot's lines "let us go then you and I when the evening is spread out against the sky like a patient etherized upon a table". Further to this I had in mind the image of the Ouroborous as mentioned in the poem. The Ouroborous is sometimes a snake and sometimes a dragon. This is the year of the dragon. The idea of yin and yang can be explored here, the duality of nature. The symbol of the Phoenix is closely related.

Also included in this issue are Peadar O'Donoghue who edits the Poetry Bus, which I know very little about but must look up, Kerrie O'Brien, Nora Ward, Maire Morrissey Cummins, Tara Kelly, Tara White, Phillip Larrea, Declan Furlong, Steven Byrne and PC Vandall.

I hope my poem captures the philosophy that everything is a cycle. This cherry blossom tree below surely shows the cyclic renewal of nature. In the winters it was so bare I marvelled that it could ever flower again, but lo and behold...

3 comments: