Total Pageviews


Sunday, December 29, 2013

What happens to a dream deferred?

 
 
Hi blog.  What a day I've had.  I wrote a poem yesterday and went to finish it this morning only to discover that I hadn't saved it.  I was raging for a while but I took a poetry book out and fell on Langston Hughes' lines of this blog post title:

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore -
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over -
like a syrupy sweet?
 
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

So then today I went looking for poems.  It was touch and go but I've just written a villanelle that I am excited about.  It's good work.  Anyway the long and the short of it is that I had to work for it.




2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of this on creativity by John Cleese - a script lost, and then re-written from memory.. John Cleese WCF UTUBE

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGt3-fxOvug#t=201

    ReplyDelete