Total Pageviews


Sunday, January 19, 2014

HeadSpace 2 Launch



I ventured into the city centre on Friday night for the launch of issue 2 of HeadSpace edited by Naomi Elster and Lisa Burke. The venue was the basement of Sweeney's off Dame Street.

A large and attentive crowd gathered for readings of short stories and poetry garnished by some live music. I enjoyed the mixture and received a warm welcome myself on reading my published piece. The MC Aidan Murphy was very good. 

It was proudly announced that there will be a third issue of the magazine which is generously funded by Rehab Group's Visual and Performing Arts Fund. Submissions for this third issue will open in March I believe. 

I was impressed by Anne Tannam who recited by heart a long and engaging poem called 'For My Mother.'

Well done to all involved and congratulations to them for taking up such a worthwhile initiative. Front cover and back cover are pictured. 


No comments:

Post a Comment