Total Pageviews


Sunday, September 18, 2016

Umbrellas


It's been a busy end to Sunday. I've just send Boyne Berries 20 to the printer, to be printed. I hope all will be well with it. I'm delighted that former editor of The Meath Chronicle, Ken Davis, will launch the magazine.

Issue three of Three Drops from a Cauldron is now online and includes my poem Endymion Calls to the Moon which is apt considering the supermoon of the last couple of days. It's an older poem and I'd been reading John Keats' poetry at the time;

A THING of beauty is a joy for ever:
 

Its loveliness increases; it will never
 

Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
 

A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
 

Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
 
Endymion Book 1, Keats
 
My mum is always likely to quote something at you and these lines are oft repeated. Usually I now say: "Really, do you think so?"
 
What else, oh I saw a movie today called A Date for Mad Mary which was kinda cool. And it rained, that's where the umbrella comes into this, and I thought the streets looked romantic in the rain.
 
Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment