Total Pageviews


Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Hold Open the Door

 

The Ireland Chair of Poetry Commemorative Anthology celebrates the 25th anniversary of Seamus Heaney's Nobel Prize Award, and the subsequent legacy created by the Ireland Chair of Poetry. In May last year I responded to a call for submissions of original poems, essays and reflections by emerging poets in response to the work of creative mentors, to celebrate the work of the Ireland Chair of Poetry. One Irish poet whose work I always admired was Michael Longley, and I decided to write a response to his poem The Horses. My original poem is called What Became of the Horses. Sincere thanks to the editors of the anthology for including my piece, especially Nidhi Zak/Aria Eipe. Hold Open the Door can be purchased from UCD Press here. The introduction to the anthology can be read in The Irish Times



No comments:

Post a Comment