Total Pageviews


Saturday, May 29, 2010

Friendship

Today I'm going to visit an old friend who I haven't seen in 5 years as she has been abroad.  I don't expect her to have changed that much or for things to have changed between us I should say.  During the week I was thinking about friends and how much they matter in our lives.  They are our other family.

This morning I've been looking up some poems on subject:

Love and Friendship
by Emily Bronte

Love is like the wild rose-briar,
Friendship like the holly-tree—
The holly is dark when the rose-briar blooms
But which will bloom most constantly?

The wild-rose briar is sweet in the spring,
Its summer blossoms scent the air;
Yet wait till winter comes again
And who will call the wild-briar fair?

Then scorn the silly rose-wreath now
And deck thee with the holly's sheen,
That when December blights thy brow
He may still leave thy garland green.

So it's a road-trip ahead for me, oh bliss!  I have my road map and some cds to listen to, Bob Dylan and U2 to start off with.

No comments:

Post a Comment