Total Pageviews


Sunday, August 1, 2010

Font Times New Roman, Font size 12, 1.5 Line Spacing, Harvard Referencing System


Another day and I was up at 6.30 doing my course work.  I find it much easier to work in the mornings.  I was only disappointed this morning as it is Sunday that the church bells didn't sound out through the countryside.  The challenge I had today was to stadardise my assignments with the above formula.  It is a time consuming process.

Yesterday I wrote an overview of the childcare sector in Ireland.  Until 1996 there were no regulations governing childcare.   An increase of women in the workforce and a general interest in the quality of early childhood care and education led to these new laws and regulations.  It was most interesting to read about UNICEF and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.  It was adopted by the UN in 1990 and ratified by Ireland in 1992.  It is the most widely ratified human rights treaty in history.  I was thinking wouldn't it be something  amazing to do voluntary work abroad or to do some human rights work.  At the end of 2000 a ten year plan (The National Children’s Strategy) was outlined to progress the implementation of the Convention. It is a comprehensive national children’s plan which has resulted from the work of the Children’s Rights Alliance (1995 established) and the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child.

In the childcare sector we speak about towards 2012.  This means that by 2012 all preschool leaders will have to have a minimum qualification of fetac level 5 to participate in the ECCE. 

I'm getting really anxious about my assignments and I do hope that I have done enough and that the quality is up to scratch.  I still have to complete my supervision module but I have some days left.

I wonder who came up with the names for the font times new roman?! Ah Wikipedia:  

Times New Roman is a serif typeface commissioned by the British newspaper The Times in 1931, designed by Stanley Morison and Victor Lardent...

Referencing work is also difficult and I'm sure I haven't done it accurately enough.

5 comments:

  1. I had endnotes at first but I changed to footnotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys,
    This post is very useful and very interesting to read, Really this Post is providing nice information,Keep it up.
    Fetac Level 6

    ReplyDelete