Total Pageviews


Monday, June 6, 2011

Roadkill

I was very moved earlier today and even distraught when I came across a half-dead bird while out for my cycle.  I also became very angry that there has to be suffering in life, childish and naive of me I know.  I felt like crying.  I wrote a poem about it, well it's a first draft.  It was a relief to be able to write as I had felt blocked all the past week.  Later in the evening I came across a dead squirrel on the road too.  Sometimes I think we are such a stupid and selfish race.  We don't take enough care.

Self Pity


I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D.H. Lawrence

1 comment:

  1. Great posts on modernism, not so sure about DH and the above!

    ReplyDelete