Total Pageviews


Sunday, May 29, 2011

Post Postmodern Sunday




So commentators have said that the postmodern era is now dead and gone so where does that leave us.  I suppose we are in some melting pot of the present out of which may come?  In a creative sense it is very exciting as you may imagine yourself as an alchemist playing in the ether, careful how you tread though.   What kind of a world do you want to live in?  Some movements begun are New Sincerity and Metamoderism.

I watched The King's Speech yesterday.  Colin Firth, Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush acted wonderfully.  It is a good movie, slow paced.  It was interesting to see the origins of the child Queen Elizabeth II, hardly any wonder that she casts a cold eye and remains firm in the passing of life.  I also watched The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, wonderful to see justice done and the bad guys get their comeuppance at last, what a great trilogy it was and a fantastic character in Lisbeth Salander.  Now I'm going to indulge myself in Science Fiction and work on my poems later, I hope!!



No comments:

Post a Comment