Total Pageviews


Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I've spent the afternoon and evening cleaning the kitchen and laying the table for dinner tomorrow, in the end a thoroughly enjoyable task.  If you can manage to enjoy your labour then it becomes no labour at all!  On the creative side of things I've had the image of some sort of blue angel popping in and out of my mind for a week now.  Who are you?  You're a pure, caring and happy guy anyway.  I think he needs to be painted perhaps, though I did paint his resemblance on a large sheet of paper that was to serve as part of the set for our Christmas carols in Montessori class.  The songs were cancelled of course due to poor road conditions.

This morning I hoped to hand in a hamper of foods to the St. Vincent de Paul but the shop was closed and I didn't know where else I could have left it.  I was disappointed by this.  It's probably about -11 or-12 again tonight and I've noticed the foxes appearing close to the roads (like last year).  I'm really looking forward to going to mass, exchanging presents, spending time with my family and having a glass of bubbly tomorrow. 

Merry Christmas everyone!

As once the winged energy of delight

As once the winged energy of delight
carried you over childhood's dark abysses,
now beyond your own life build the great
arch of unimagined bridges.

Wonders happen if we can succeed
in passing through the harshest danger;
but only in a bright and purely granted
achievement can we realize the wonder.

To work with Things in the indescribable
relationship is not too hard for us;
the pattern grows more intricate and subtle,
and being swept along is not enough.

Take your practiced powers and stretch them out
until they span the chasm between two
contradictions...For the god
wants to know himself in you

Rainer Maria Rilke


1 comment: