Total Pageviews


Tuesday, December 28, 2010

NUIG Writers Exchange


I was invited by Liam Duffy of  NUI Galway's Writers Society to participate in this exchange.  I met Liam a couple of years ago when I had a poem published in The Sharp Review (the journal of the writers society).

I sent some poems to the society and recently received some anonymous work back.  I have to comment on the pieces and choosing one I like in particular email it to the society explaining why I like it.  This piece will be published in a chapbook.  At the end of January I will receive the address of the writers work I am reviewing and post my critique to him/her.  I should then receive a critique of my collection too.

Liam says "remember to give as much feedback as you feel you would appreciate as a writer, comment on individual pieces, comment on the collection as a whole, comment on style, structure, phonetics, directions you would like to see the writer go, what you enjoyed, what you didn't and why, feel free suggest to restructuring or cutting and anything else you need to say."

Fortunately I have some experience in this field already as I have helped Michael edit some poetry for Boyne Berries magazine in the past.  Concentration is now needed after the Christmas revelry.  My sister Vivian and I are pictured below on Christmas day.  She thinks I should have written a book by now, no pressure like!


No comments:

Post a Comment